Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Saturday - April 24, 2010

From: Pittsburgh, PA
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

My son has some kind of plants, weeds, or ground cover in his yard that smell like spicy meat. When the wind blows the right way it smells like he's been grilling kolbasi on his deck/in his house. I have attempted to research this but can find no information.

ANSWER:

You will need to do a little research in the 'field' and determine which plants are producing the scent.  Then, please take several in-focus high resolution photos of the whole plant and close ups of leaves, flowers, fruits, etc., and send them to us.  We will do our best to identify the plant.  Visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.