Tuesday - July 21, 2009

From: Belmont, MA
Title: Identification of all-white small plants growing in the woods in Belmont, MA.

I have just seen a group of completely ALL-WHITE small plants growing in the woods. They have 4-8in. stalks with a kind of bell-shaped flower growing at the top. There is no green anywhere on this plant. Are they some type of albino plant? How can I begin to figure out what they are? Thanks!

These are interesting plants, and someone in Pennsylvania has asked about some that were found there. Since its summertime and the living is easy here in Texas, I'm going to refer you to the answer to that question.