En Espa—ol

Thursday - July 02, 2009

From: Gaithersburg, MD
Title: Looking for a source for Atlantic pigeonwings (Clitoria mariana)

QUESTION:

I hope you can help me a little. I'm trying to find a way to get Clitoria mariana (Atlantic pigeonwings) in my garden, but can't find a seed source anywhere. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

ANSWER:

The place to start is in our National Suppliers Directory by typing Maryland in the 'Search Location' box.  Many of the nurseries and seed companies listed there have websites that list the native species that they have for sale.  In a quick look, I found one company, Chesapeake Natives in Takoma Park, Maryland that lists Clitoria mariana (Atlantic pigeonwings) as for sale.  There are probably other companies in the National Suppliers Directory that have this plant for sale in your area.

Clitoria mariana

Clitoria mariana