Mr. Smarty Plants - Can you recommend a supplier for Comptonia?

Monday - May 11, 2009

From: Easton, PA
Title: Can you recommend a supplier for Comptonia?

QUESTION:

Can you recommend a web supplier for the native plant Sweet Fern, Comptonia? Thanks

ANSWER:

Comptonia peregrina (sweet fern)  is a small aromatic shrub which occurs in dense colonies. It is a member of the wax-myrtle or bayberry family. (more images)

You can go to our Suppliers Directory, type in your city and state, and get a list of suppliers native plants in your locale. I did this and found Cicconi Farms Inc. in Jackson, NJ. Not exactly in your neighborhood, but not that far away.