Tuesday - June 23, 2009

From: Flower Mound, TX
Topic: Plant Identification, Trees
Title: Plant ID in Flower Mound TX

QUESTION:

I have a large native tree in the back yard, leaves resembles a live oak, but evergreen,& small white flowers in the spring, very tall vase shaped tree. It had no acorns or berries.

ANSWER:

We are a little puzzled; how do you know you have a native tree if you don't know what the tree is? The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center works only with plants native not only to North America but to the area in which they are being grown. Please go to the instructions for submitting a photo for Plant ID, and possibly we will be able to identify your tree.