Friday - May 29, 2009

From: Lone Jack, MO
Topic: Invasive Plants
Title: Removal of poison ivy by goat in Lone Jack MO

QUESTION:

Easy organic removal of poison ivy?? I bought a goat, but you can borrow a neighbors. Always get 2 as they get lonely. They love to eat poison ivy, pull up vine roots and all, and leave the grass.

ANSWER:

We don't know how to tell you this, but we don't have a goat, and our neighbor doesn't have a goat, and the Homeowner's Association would have a fit if we got a goat. In fact, in Texas, goat is most often the honored guest (and entree) at a barbecue. We found this website poisonivy.aesir Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac Information site with the same information, very briefly stated, and a whole lot of other more practical, useful information. And we don't want to be indelicate, but when the goat finishes processing the poison ivy, has the poisonous content been counteracted, or are there just fresh seeds (fertilized free of charge) available for more Toxicodendron radicans (eastern poison ivy)?

Toxicodendron radicans

Toxicodendron radicans

Toxicodendron radicans

Toxicodendron radicans