En EspaÑol

Mr. Smarty Plants - Ways to learn more about native plants of region

Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Ways to learn more about native plants of region
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

How can I learn more about the native plants of my region?

ANSWER:

One of the best ways to learn about native plants is to join your nearest chapter of the Native Plant Society. These groups meet regularly to study regional plants, conduct field trips, exchange plants, and rescue plants from sites doomed to construction. To find your local Native Plant Society chapter, visit the National Organizations Directory. If you live in Texas, visit www.npsot.org to find out more about the Native Plant Society of Texas.