Friday - April 30, 2010

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Name five non-flowering species at the Wildflower Center.

Can you tell me the names of five non-flowering plant species (true mosses, conifers, ferns) currently growing at your center?

The focus and expertise of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is limited to North American native vascular plant species.  Since mosses are not vascular plants, we maintain no list of those species.  Conifers are actually flowering plants, so they would not qualify as part of the answer to your question.  Ferns, however, are non-flowering, vascular plants and we do have some in our collection along with some other non-flowering plants that are not true ferns, but are related.

Your question sounds suspiciously like an homework or other school assignment.  While we are always happy to help students with their work, we draw the line at actually doing their work for them.  If your question is part of a school assignment, please call Joe Marcus at 512-232-0108 and he will be happy to discuss the list of the Wildflower Center's non-flowering vascular plants with you.