Sunday - April 11, 2010

Topic: Wildflower Center, Wildflowers
Title: Color of Englemann's daisy (Engelmannia peristenia)

I'm in Austin and just bought some Engelmann's Daisies at the plant sale on Fri. The picture had them with white petals, and your plant database has them with yellow petals. I specifically wanted white to alternate with my Damianita, which are yellow. So are they white or yellow?

The flowers of Engelmannia peristenia (Engelmann's daisy) are yellow as shown on our information sign. We think you may have intended to pick up some plants of the white-flowered Erigeron modestus (plains fleabane) which were situated beside them on our sale table.  We're very sorry for the confusion!

Engelmann's daisy
Engelmannia peristenia

Plains fleabane
Erigeron modestus