Thursday - October 23, 2008

From: Brookfield, WI
Title: Plant Identification

We live near Milwaukee Wisconsin. This summer a 5' plant grew by itself in the middle of my flower bed. It has elongated oval green leaves, but its the flowers that are exceptional. They are long, braid-like florescent pink flowers that flow in multiple 'ropes' on each branch. The flowers have bloomed now for over a month and have not lost any of their bright color. The stems also are florescent pink. No seeds have appeared and it is going to freeze in two nights. Help!!! Lynn Voigt Brookfield, WI

This sounds like a fascinating plant and Mr. SP loves doing plant identifications, but I think  he is going to need a photo to do this one.  Please his Plant Identification page to read the instructions for submitting photos.