Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Thursday - June 16, 2011

From: Las Cruces, NM
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I have a photo of a shrubby plant with large spines. Is there a way for me to attach it? I'm having trouble identifying it. Thanks!

ANSWER:

Here is a quote from our Plant Identification page: 

"We would love to spend all day identifying native plants for you folks! However, we already spend all day (and most of the night) answering your native plant questions." 

So, I'm sorry, we don't do plant identifications from photos anymore.  However, on that same Plant Identification page you will find links to several plant identification forums that do accept photos for that purpose.  You also might try contacting someone with the Las Cruces Chapter of the Native Plant Society of New Mexico.  They also have a page with links to databases of native plants in your area where you might find your shrub.