Mr. Smarty Plants - Identification of growth on possible oak tree

Monday - March 24, 2008

From: Paris, TX
Title: Identification of growth on possible oak tree

QUESTION:

We have photographed a very unusual bloom or growth on a tree we suspect may be an oak, and would like to submit photos of the bloom, bark, and (leafless) tree to someone for identification. My wild guess is that perhaps this is a result of a viral disease. How/where might I submit the photos?

ANSWER:

Photos are definitely what we need. Go to the lower right hand corner of the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page, and it will give you full instructions on how to send us what we need for (we hope) identification.