Mr. Smarty Plants - Plant identification

Saturday - July 31, 2010

From: Burlington, WA
Region: Northwest
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I have this shrub looking type plant with leaves that smell like lemons. The plant has a very small white flower on it. This shrub shows up in my yard every year in the summer. We are curious as to weather or not we could use the leaves in cooking. Thanks.

ANSWER:

Sorry, but from your description I have no idea what your plant might be.  If you will take photos (high resolution and in good focus) and send them to us, we will do our best to identify it and let you know whether or not it is edible or toxic.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos.