En EspaÑol

Friday - March 23, 2007

From: McKinney, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Suppliers for Lantana urticoides

QUESTION:

I would like to plant yellow Lantana in my beds because of the hot drought conditions we have in north central Texas. Where can I find this to plant now?

ANSWER:

After checking our National Suppliers Directory , I found that Rohdes's Nursery in Garland has Lantana horridus in their catalog. This name is a synonym for Lantana urticoides (West Indian shrubverbena), which is also commonly known as Texas Lantana. A phone call would verify the current availability.

Another approach would be to check with the nearest chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas to find suppliers of native plants in your area.

Texas lantana
Lantana urticoides