Thursday - February 08, 2007

From: Fate, TX
Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Purchase access to plants at Wildflower Center

QUESTION:

I am interested in purchasing some of your plants. How can I do that? Do you send plants thru the mail or is their a nursery near you that has access to your plants that does? I am interested in Salvia greggii teresa and maybe others. thank you.

ANSWER:

We have two plant sales a year—a Spring Plant Sale and a Fall Plant Sale. Our Spring Plant Sale for 2007 will begin Friday, April 13 (1 to 7PM) with a preview sale for Wildflower Center members only. The sale for the general public will be held Saturday and Sunday (9AM-5PM), April 14 and 15. Please check the Wildflower Center web page closer to the weekend of the sale for a list of the plants available and for more information about the sale. We do not send plants through the mail.

We are not aware of any local nurseries that have Salvia greggii 'Teresa' for sale at present; however, you can check our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries and seed companies in your area that specialize in native plants that might possibly have it. After a quick internet search I did find one nursery, Plant Delights Nursery in Raleigh NC (also listed in our National Suppliers Directory), who list it for sale on their web site.