From: Houston, TX
Title: Tall skinny plant with tubelike flowers

QUESTION:

I already posted a question regarding a skinny plant with tiny tube like flowers and you gave me 6 possibilities unfortunately it is not one of them. I happened to see the plant again in my neighborhood today and what I noticed is that it looks like tall skinny grass, the flowers are even smaller than the ones from the plants on the pictures you posted.

ANSWER:

I think we are going to need a photo to determine what you are seeing.  It is possible that it is a non-native plant because I've about exhausted the native plants that resemble your description.  Please visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page and read instructions for submitting photos under "Plant Identification" in the lower right corner.   We will be happy to try and identify your plant, but it's going to take a photo for us to have any success.