Most recently answered

Questions about hollyhocks and yucca
May 25, 2016
I have 2 questions. In Western N.Y. State the hollyhocks grow like weeds but add color with their large stalks. I've sent for seeds and the best I can do in N.W.Travis county is 9 inch plants that die...

Groundcover for sunny slope in Minnesota
May 24, 2016
Hi, I'm from Apple Valley, MN. We backyard has large slope areas that get sun through out the day. We have huge weed and buck thorn problem. Can you please suggest a good ground covering plant that gr...

Vine for 60 foot long by 2 foot high cinder block wall
May 20, 2016
Looking for a vine to cover a 60 foot long 2 foot high cinder block wall.

Century Plant woes
May 04, 2016
My century plant was fine two weeks ago. Tonight I seen this. Not sure what is happening. It 9 years old. IMG_4716.JPG

View more questions and answers from Mr. Smarty Plants
Support the Wildflower Center by Becoming a Member today.

Native Plant Maintenance

Native Plant Properties

Native Plants