Monday - February 18, 2008

From: Colorado Springs, CO
Title: Forecast for 2008 Spring wildflower season

Has there been a forecast made for this spring's bluebonnet and wildflower season?

Yes, the Wildflower Center's ecologist, Mark Simmons, released this forecast today. It is not as good as we would like, because of the weird weather we had last year, and the dry weather we've had virtually ever since. However, the flowers are still going to be out there. You can also find the forecast by going directly to the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center's website, If you are interested in more information about some of the areas in Texas that usually have good wildflower shows, go to this previous question to Mr. Smarty Plants for links to several websites with information.