Monday - October 08, 2007

From: London, Other
Region: Other
Topic: Cacti and Succulents
Title: Identification of green succulent plant with red tubular flowers

QUESTION:

Hi there, i have this plant which is green,leaves are succulent, and these red tubular little flowers about an inch long grow rampantly all summer. i wanna know what it is called as i take cuttings all the time and they're growing all over my house and balcony. thanks,

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants. However, it is very difficult to identify plants by description alone, especially since we specialize in native plants of North America and you are in England! However, if you could you send us photographs, we would certainly give it a try. For instructions on how to submit photographs, please visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants page and read about "Plant Identifcation" in the lower right corner.