Thursday - February 04, 2016

From: Georgetown, TX
Title: When will the bluebonnets appear this year?

QUESTION:

When will the bluebonnets appear this year? We have many friends and family who want to visit when they are in bloom. Thanks.

ANSWER:

Typically, Lupinus texensis (Texas bluebonnet) begins blooming in early to mid-March and reaches its peak around the first weekend in April.  Blooming continues on into late April and early May.  Weather conditions may influence the bloom period, but there should be ample blooms the last weekend in March through the middle of April.  Please see the answer to a smiliar question from last year that has links to several websites that give information about areas with particularly good displays of bluebonnets.