Friday - November 14, 2014

Title: Planting Habiturf in an occasional overflow area

QUESTION:

Wondering about putting Habiturf in an area that is for occasional flood overflow. How will the Habiturf be affected by these occasional conditions? I suspect it won't like it and will start to thin out, get weedy, or die altogether. Would love your thoughts. Thanks!

ANSWER:

Well to begin, I’m including a link to our How to Article on Habiturf which you may already be familiar with. It should get you off to a good start.

The answer to your question depends on how much overflow,and how often it occurs. One of the Warnings from the link above;
Warning.

* If you do not prepare the soil adequately, your lawn will suffer, be less drought resistant, and you will get      weeds

* If you mow too often and too short, you will get weeds

* If you over-water, you will get weeds

* If you over-fertilize, you will get big weeds

If the flooding is infrequent and lasts less than a couple of days, the grass may benefit.