Tuesday - July 03, 2012

From: Georgetown, TX
Topic: Diseases and Disorders, Trees
Title: Location of Alamo fungicide kit from Georgetown TX

Where can I buy the Alamo fungicide injection kit shown in the oak wilt video?

We trust you have already read the Texas Oak Wilt site, as we urge everyone in Oak Wilt infection areas to do. The first thing we want to recommend is that you contact the Texas Forest Service in your area. Williamson County is in the Austin area:

Austin Region – Includes Bell, Burnet, Coryell, Falls, Hays, Lampasas, McCulloch, Milam, San Saba, Travis and Williamson counties.

Eric Beckers
Travis and Hays counties
Texas Forest Service Project Forester
6330 Highway 290 East, Suite 115
Austin, TX 78723

From The Tree Geek, here is information on this product.

Not surprisingly, you can actually order it online from Amazon.

Henke's, in Fredericksburg, also carries it.

Again, we urge you to take the advice of the Forest Service representative. To us, this looks like a difficult and expensive operation, particularly on a do-it-yourself basis.