A: There are those who suspect Wildflower Center volunteers Nan Hampton, Jimmy Mills and Barbara Medford to be the culpable and capable parties. Yet, others think staff members Damon Waitt, Joe Marcus and Philip Hawkins might play some, albeit small, role. You can torture us with your plant questions, but we will never reveal the Green Guru's secret identity.

Support NPINHelp grow the Native Plant Information Network by giving to the Plant Database Fund or subcribing to Wildflower magazine.

Subscribe online now
Mr. Smarty Plants would give Wildflower magazine two thumbs up...if he had two thumbs.

Georgetown, TX
Watering Native Trees in Georgetown, TX
I installed a native/adapted plantscape in early March including several small trees. They were planted in the rocky soil west of I-35 in Georgetown with plenty of added compost and mulch. Other than ...

Georgetown, TX
Mowing frequency of native lawn from Georgetown TX
I have a native grass and wildflower lawn. At what frequency and when should the lawn be mowed?

Georgetown, TX
Are Verbena Annuals Deer Resistant?
Are Verbena Estrella Pink Star annuals deer resistant?

Georgetown, TX
Species of hackberry best for wildlife from Georgetown, TX
Which species of Hackberry tree is the best for wildlife in Georgetown, TX (just north of Austin)? Your Plant Database says Celtis occidentals is "among the BEST food and shelter plants for wildlife,...

Georgetown, TX
Location of Alamo fungicide kit from Georgetown TX
Where can I buy the Alamo fungicide injection kit shown in the oak wilt video?

Georgetown, TX
Why is fall the best time to plant Bluebonnet seeds?
Bluebonnet plants drop their seeds in late May or early June. Why is it recommended to broadcast Bluebonnet seeds in October which is 5 months after the plant drops its seeds?

Georgetown, TX
Replacements for Ashe Junipers in Georgetown, TX
We have cut down several cedar trees on our property in Williamson County Texas. We would like to replace the cedar trees with another variety of tree. Do you have recommendations for what type of t...

Georgetown, TX
Vine to cover concrete retaining wall in Georgetown TX
I have an unsightly concrete retaining wall and culvert covers that require fast coverage from a vine of some sort. The plant must be deer resistant and drought tolerant. The retaining wall and culv...

GEORGETOWN, TX
Deer eating Non-native Asiatic Jasmine in Georgetown, TX
Is there a spray or granular material that will prevent deer from eating asiatic jasmine?

Georgetown, TX
Difference in acorn yields from Georgetown TX
Why do some live oaks produce acorns in abundance and others do not?

Georgetown, TX
Source of Pectis angustifolia from Georgetown TX
You answered an earlier question about Limoncillo (Pectis angustifolia) by saying you had found a source for these seeds in Santa Fe, but the hyperlink was inoperable. I'd like to try to propogate t...

Georgetown, TX
When will the bluebonnets appear this year?
When will the bluebonnets appear this year? We have many friends and family who want to visit when they are in bloom. Thanks.

Georgetown, TX
Male and female possumhaws for berries from Georgetown TX
Do I need to plant two ilex decidua (possumhaws), a male and female to have red berries on the tree in the winter?

Georgetown, TX
Identification of daisy-like yellow flower
Georgetown, TX - I have two flowers blooming in my field that I can't identify. One is strong gold and the other strong orange. I cannot identify the leaf pad. There are no leaves on the stem which...

Georgetown, TX
Is Ruellia aggressive?
Is Ruellia aggressive?

Georgetown, TX
Vinegar as a Herbicide
When can you use vinegar on weeds to get rid of them.

Georgetown, TX
Additional screening under yaupons in Georgetown TX
We live on a corner and have a berm along the south side of our yard which blocks our backyard from the street. It was planted with uprights yaupons. With the drought, deer have eaten the bottom por...

Georgetown, TX
Ants in the compost pile from Georgetown TX
Can you give me any suggestions for ridding my compost pile of ants?

Georgetown, TX
Blue Mist Ageratum Shrub?
Is there a shrub version of Blue Mistflower Ageratum? I believe we saw some at the Butterfly Center in MacAllen. Would it survive in Georgetown, TX?

Georgetown, TX
Carolina Jessamine Toxic to Honey Bees?
Is Carolina jessamine toxic to honey bees? I have read conflicting answers.

Georgetown, TX
Mountain Laurels are dying in Georgetown, TX.
Ten year old Mountain Laurels both last year and this spring have had entire branches turn brown just after blooming this Feb. Round Rock Arborist suggested I contact you. Last year one of my laurels...