Saturday - June 16, 2012

From: Los Banos, CA
Topic: Poisonous Plants, Privacy Screening, Shrubs, Trees
Title: Privacy shrubs and trees that are safe for horses in California

QUESTION:

What type of privacy shrubs/trees can I plant that are safe around horses? I live in the central valley in CA. Thank you!

ANSWER:

Your question, or variations of it, has been frequently asked.  So, instead of writing an answer to it all over again, I am referring you to the answers to eight previous questions:

#7200 Fast-growing tree for horse arena in Southern California

#6882  Trees non-toxic for horses in California

#6876  Shrubs for hedge not toxic to horses and llamas in California

#6583  Looking for plants for a privacy hedge, besides Ficus nitida, in Norco CA

#6536  Shade trees for horses in Merced, CA

#6164  Trees to plant around horse corrals

#6035  Evergreen shrub/small tree for screen in southern California

#5222  Fast-growing tree, non-toxic for horses, in Northern California