Friday - May 11, 2012

From: Palm Desert, CA
Topic: Shade Tolerant, Vines
Title: Flowering vine for shade in Southern California

Flowering climbing plant for shade in Palm Desert, CA.

Here are some suggestions for native vines for shade in Riverside County, California:

Clematis ligusticifolia (Western white clematis) grows in sun, part shade and shade.

Keckiella cordifolia (Heartleaf keckiella) grows in sun and part shade. Here are photos and more information.

Lathyrus vestitus (Pacific pea) grows in part shade and shade.  Here are photos and more information.

Lonicera hispidula (Pink honeysuckle) grows in sun, part shade and shade.

Lonicera subspicata var. denuata (Chaparral honesuckle) grows in sun, part shade and shade.

Western white clematis
Clematis ligusticifolia

Pink honeysuckle
Lonicera hispidula