Thursday - March 15, 2012

Title: Plant identification

My daughter took the attached picture of a plant growing along a road in Austin, TX. I've searched the database and several wildflower books and can't find the flower. Can you identify it? Thanks for your help

Sorry, but it's not possible to attach a photograph to a Mr. Smarty Plant question that you submit.  Identifying native plants is lots of fun; but, it consumes a considerable amount of time and we don't have enough person-hours to do it anymore.  We can, however, recommend several excellent online Plant Identification forums that will accept photographs of plants to identify.  Please visit our Plant Identification page to find the links to the Plant Identification forums.