Sunday - May 21, 2006

From: Fort Worth, TX
Title: Sources of Scutellaria drummondii

Dear Mr. Smarty Pants, I purchased a purple skullcap, scutellaria drummondii in the Hill Country last year. It has done REALLY well here in Fort Worth and would like more, but cannot locate it anywhere, internet or retail. Do you have any suggestions?

I haven't been able to locate a source for Drummond's skullcap (Scutellaria drummondii), but I have found a source, Rohde's Nursery & Nature Store in Garland, Texas for a similar Scutelleria species, Bushy skullcap (Scutellaria wrightii). You can find nurseries in your area that specialize in native plants by visiting our National Suppliers Directory. I looked at web sites of several of those in Texas, but I did not telephone or e-mail any of the many others that did not list web sites. It is possible you might still be able to find your choice there.

Another possible source for native plant nurseries is a nearby chapter of the Native Plant Society of Texas. Many of the local chapters web pages include lists of native plant resources. In fact, I found Rohde's Nursery and the S. wrightii from the links on the Garland Chapter of the Native Plant Society.