Wednesday - December 26, 2012

From: Georgetown, TX
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Herbs/Forbs
Title: Source of Pectis angustifolia from Georgetown TX

QUESTION:

You answered an earlier question about Limoncillo (Pectis angustifolia) by saying you had found a source for these seeds in Santa Fe, but the hyperlink was inoperable. I'd like to try to propogate these plants. Can you recall the source for the seeds?

ANSWER:

Here is the  Previous answer to which you referred. You are correct, the link to the website is no longer active. Since it was answered in May of 2009, the company and/or the website may no longer  be in existence. The previous answer asked you to send us a picture of the plant so we could perhaps get a correct identification. Please don't. After being totally overwhelmed  by people sending us pictures for identification from all over the world, we have had to shut down that service.

Pectis angustifolia (Limoncillo) is, according to this USDA Plant Profile Map, native to Williamson County. We suggest you go to our National Suppliers Directory, put your town and state, or just your zipcode, in the "Enter Search Location" box and you will get a list of native plant nurseries, seed suppliers and consultants in your general area. They all have contact information, you can find out in advance if they have the seeds you are looking for or can suggest a source.