Mr. Smarty Plants - Locating native plant landscaper in Austin, TX

Monday - March 12, 2007

Title: Locating native plant landscaper in Austin, TX

QUESTION:

Help ! I have a 9 year old native landscape -- river rock areas with beds of native plants which include lantana, salvia greggii, rosemary, coreopsis, brazos penestemon , Russian sage, Jerusalem sage,and several varieties of grasses plus more! I have arrived at an age where the annual maintenance is almost more than I can handle. Can you direct me to a gardener type person who is in the business of native maintenance?? My experience with landscape maintenance companies is uniformly bad -- expensive and the workers have NO knowledge of plants -especially native.

ANSWER:

Please visit our National Suppliers Directory and select Landscape Professional and Texas from the menu and you will find a list of landscape professionals who specialize in native plants. There are a large number that are located in Austin.