Thursday - February 17, 2011

From: San Antonio, TX
Title: Looking for a seedless variety of Desert Willow in San Antonio.

QUESTION:

Is there a seedless (podless)variety of the Desert Willow tree that also has the dark burgundy color? If so, do you know who sells it in the central Texas area?

ANSWER:

Well, Mr. Smarty Plants learned something new today. When he hears about seedless plants, he usually thinks of grapes and watermelons, not Desert Willow, Chilopsis linearis. After a  little looking, I found that a seedless variety of Desert Willow with burgundy flowers has been created, and is called 'Art's Seedless'.

Checking our Suppiers Directory reveals some nurseries that carry Chilopsis linearis but they don't indicate if they have "Art's Seedless". The directory provides information that you can use to contact each nursery.

Mountain States Wholesale Nursery in Arizona has 'Art's Seedless' on its hot list. You might contact them to see if they ship to nurseries in Central Texas.

Chilopsis linearis