Thursday - July 01, 2010

Topic: Propagation, Edible Plants, Trees
Title: Grafting to a cherry laurel for edible fruit in Austin

I was the one who asked earlier about grafting to a Cherry Laurel. I will happily graft a local plum on it, say a Mexican Plum or American Plum or one of the naturalized peaches (a friend has an Indian Blood Peach tree.) I just would rather have something I would like to eat. Wild is fine, I just want to eat it. The Cherry Laurel is out on that count.

That sounds fine to us. We looked back at the previous question and answer from you and feel we told you everything we know on grafting then.  It is an interesting hobby and you might come out with some very interesting fruits. Who knows, maybe you will come up with something new?