Mr. Smarty Plants - When and how to sow bluebonnets in Concho, Texas

Tuesday - May 25, 2010

From: Millersview, TX
Title: When and how to sow bluebonnets in Concho, Texas

QUESTION:

Please tell me when I should plant bluebonnet seeds in Concho County, Texas (near San Angelo). I am getting different answers from different sources. Also, can the seeds be strown or do they need to actually be planted under the soil?

ANSWER:

Please read our "How to Articles"—How to Grow Bluebonnets, Rhizobium FAQS, and Scarification FAQs—for the answer to all your questions about planting your bluebonnet seeds. 

I hope yours turn out as lovely as those in the photos below.

Lupinus texensis

Lupinus texensis

Lupinus texensis

Lupinus texensis