Monday - March 15, 2010

From: Duncanville, TX
Title: How to grow a non-native rue plant in Duncanville TX

QUESTION:

Can I grow a Rue plant from a clipping? If so, what do I need to do? Please explain step by step. I'm new to all of this. Thanks

ANSWER:

Ruta graveolens, Rue is an herb native to Southern Europe and therefore out of the range of expertise of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, where we are focused on the use, protection and propagation of plants native not only to North America but to the area in which the plant is being grown. From this website Botanical.com you can get more information on the plant, including how to propagate it by cuttings. For even more step by step instructions, go to Rainy Side Gardeners, Propagating Plants from Stem Cuttings.