Tuesday - September 27, 2011

From: Sydney, Other
Region: Other
Topic: Non-Natives, Water Gardens
Title: Plant for a salt water pool in Australia

QUESTION:

What plant is a perfect plant for small areas around a salt water pool?

ANSWER:

Greetings to you "downunder."  Following is the mission of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center:

"The mission of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is to increase the sustainable use and conservation of native wildflowers, plants and landscapes."

The "native wildflowers, plants and landscapes" referred to are those of North America so we really can't advise you about plants to use in Australia.   We do hope you will choose plants that are native to Australia and, specifically, native to New South Wales.

Here is a link to the Australian Native Plants Society.  Their webpage has plant guides, information about propagation, links to nurseries in Australia that specialize in native Australian plants and more.  There are regional and district groups of the Society that you can contact or join that might possibly offer some suggestions for plants for your salt water pool.