Mr. Smarty Plants - Blossoms blowing off non-native navel orange tree from Ocala FL

Tuesday - September 08, 2009

From: Ocala, FL
Title: Blossoms blowing off non-native navel orange tree from Ocala FL

QUESTION:

Why do the blossoms blow off navel orange tree?

ANSWER:

Due to the large volume of questions Mr. Smarty Plants has been receiving, we are asking that questions be confined to plants native to North America, which is the focus of the work done by the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.The orange tree is a native of Southeast Asia, and has been extensively hybridized, far out of the range of our expertise. We suggest contacting your University of Florida Extension Office for Marion County.

An excellent site on dealing with problems with the navel orange trees is this one from Texas Cooperative Extension site. Then, if you're really dedicated to find a solution, go to this site, "Diagnosing common citrus problems", and see what you can find that fits your situation.