Duncanville, TX
Shaping cenizo in Duncanville TX
Our Silverado Sage, which we expected to be 4' to 5' high and wide based on the label when we purchased it about 10 years ago, is nearly 7' tall and very random in shape (not the evenly rounded sha...

Duncanville, TX
Gathering seeds of Indian Blanket from Duncanville TX
We have a field full of Indian Blanket that are blooming now and would like to share some seeds with our friends! Where is the seed on them and I take it we wait till they are done blooming to get the...

Duncanville, TX
What is the best time of year to transplant a young pecan tree?

Duncanville, TX
How to grow a non-native rue plant in Duncanville TX
Can I grow a Rue plant from a clipping? If so, what do I need to do? Please explain step by step. I'm new to all of this. Thanks

DeSoto, TX
Identifying native grasses in DeSoto TX
I want to plant my 1.5 acre yard in a native grass; there are already some grasses growing there. How do I identify this grass? Thanks

cedar hill, TX
Pruning of native perennial blooming plants
Hello - I am still a newbie at using Native Texas plants (but loving them!), and I need pruning assistance. When (and how much) do I prune: hot lips salvia, hummingbird bush (anisthcanthus wrightii...

Cedar Hill, TX
Flowers for sunny and shady gardens in Cedar Hill TX
Last year I spent way too much on flowers for my sunny and shady flower beds. They all died from the heat, even after constant watering. What flowers could I plant in sunny and shady flower beds that ...

Cedar Hill, TX
Best mulch from Cedar Hill TX
What is the best mulch to use around trees,azaleas and plants in Cedar Hill, Tx?

Cedar Hill, TX
Killing mesquite (Prosopis glandulosa) with propane torch
Can I kill mesquite with intense fire, such as a 1.2 million BTU propane torch? I know mesquite bounces back from cutting at the soil line. The trees are in Elgin. Thanks

cedar hill, TX
Evergreen native shrubs for poor drainage area in Cedar Hill, TX
Hi! I have one (big!) bed in on the front of my house. Due to the way the house/motorcourt is built, that area (when it rains as much as it did last year!) doesn't drain well. I now have to replac...

Cedar Hill, TX
Butterflies and larval hosts in Dallas County
My class is starting a butterfly habitat at school. We have researched plants that attract butterflies, however we forgot to look for plants that feed the caterpillars and we want to provide the expe...

CEDAR HILL, TX
Organic means for ridding garden of stinging ants
Dear Mr. Smarty Pants, I have a butterfly garden that is filled with native plants the butterflies LOVE! However I have a colony of red ants that have moved in. I need to trim some of the more inva...

Ovilla, TX
Identification of tree in Ovilla TX area
Can you identify a tall,(wild?) tree covered with fragrant, pink/lavender blooms? Have seen several in the Ovilla area this spring.

Ovilla, TX
Trees and shrubs that are not poisonous to horses
What non poisonous trees or shrubs or hedges would work for being near horses?

Grand Prairie, TX
Pecan tree dropping limbs in Grand Prairie, TX.
Our 15 year old pecan tree is losing it's limbs. The tree and its leaves look healthy with no signs of bugs or mites, but all the limbs are drooping and breaking off. The tree did have a bumper crop ...

Grand Prairie, TX
Source for Texas Star hibiscus from Grand Prairie TX
I am having a lot of difficulty in trying to find and purchase a Texas Hibiscus. Any clues?

Grand Prairie, TX
Sheet mulching before planting Habiturf from Grand Prairie, TX
Have you tried sheet mulching as a bed prep and to kill bermuda grass before planting habituff?

Grand Prairie, TX
Neighborhood association wanting wildflowers mowed from Grand Prairie TX
For at least 15 years, I have been fostering growth of wildflowers in 60% of my 90x400' yard which include 150' utility trunkline easement in which I can plant no trees. This year, we had volunteer ...

Grand Prairie, TX
Plant similar to a cattail
I don't know where this plant grows normally, but I am looking for a plant that is similar to a cat tail, but the petals are not feathery, they are red and waxy and the petals are round almost. Plea...

Grand Prairie, TX
Lack of Fruit on Forestiera
I have not been able to get berry production on my elbow bush. I have male and female plants. Is it possible to help with the pollination process? Thank you.

Grand Prairie, TX
Most common wildflower in Texas from Grand Prairie TX
What is the most common wildflower in the state of Texas? My kiddos stumped me on this one?