Monday - January 04, 2010

Title: Source for Escarpment Black Cherry trees in Austin

I live in Central Texas and I am looking for a tree farm or nursery that has Escarpment Black Cherry trees. They seem to be quite hard to find. Are you aware of any local nurseries that might carry this type of tree?

Have you consulted our National Suppliers Directory? Follow the link, and in the "Enter Search Location" put your town and state. You will get a list of native plant nurseries, seed companies and landscape and environment consultants in your general area. Since they sell plants native to your area, they would be more likely to either have the tree you want in stock or be able to order it for you. According to this USDA Plant Profile, Prunus serotina var. eximia (black cherry) is native to Travis County and the counties around it in Central Texas. All of the nurseries will have phone numbers and addresses, many have websites to help you in your plant search.

Prunus serotina var. eximia

Prunus serotina var. eximia

Prunus serotina var. eximia