Mr. Smarty Plants - Source for Texas Star plant from Bastrop LA

Thursday - June 10, 2010

From: Bastrop, LA
Title: Source for Texas Star plant from Bastrop LA

QUESTION:

Please tell me where I can get a Texas Star plant?

ANSWER:

You are probably referring to Hibiscus coccineus (scarlet rosemallow), which has another common name of "Texas Star," no doubt given to it by plant sellers to make it more attractive. In point of fact, it is not native to Texas, but is native to Louisiana and other southeastern U.S. states. Go to our National Supplier's Director,  type your town and state in the "Enter Search Location" box. You will get a list of native plant nurseries, seed companies and landscape consultants in your general area. They all have contact information, so you can call or e-mail until you find someone who has it in stock. 

Hibiscus coccineus

Hibiscus coccineus

Hibiscus coccineus

Hibiscus coccineus