Wednesday - March 11, 2009

Title: Plant Identification

QUESTION:

Hello. I don't know if this is a North American native plant, but here's my question: I have a soft, low groundcover that looks like a miniature version of Foxtail Fern. Lowe's folks suggested it might be a cooking herb (fennel perhaps?). It is aromatic, but not in a way I recognize, when you crush it. Do you have any idea what this might be? I can't submit a photo, I'm sorry.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants would be happy to try to identify your plant, but it is almost impossible to do from a description alone.  Please visit the Ask Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read the instructions for submitting photographs for identification.