Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

The flower on the Plant Price page of Wildflower Center website
June 04, 2009 - What is the name of the flower that is on the Plant Price page of the Center's web site? I saw it for the first time this spring near Weatherford. It's red/orange & white and resembles a snapdrago...

Ways to learn more about native plants of region
March 20, 2004 - How can I learn more about the native plants of my region?

Color year round, welcome to Austin Texas.
December 04, 2011 - I am new to Austin and want to plant colorful flowers for fall and winter that get a "wow" reaction. I have not seen much at the local nurseries. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Wildflower blooming in Austin in mid-March from Laceys Spring AL
February 27, 2013 - Hi I will be at and around the center the weekend of March 9 & 10 to exhibit in the Art and Artisan's Festival and plan to stay a few extra days to "wildflower" either before or after. What is you...

Get started in native plant landscaping
March 15, 2004 - How do I get started in native plant landscaping?