Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

Does the Wildflower Center plant sale include plants or only seeds?
September 24, 2009 - Does the list of plants for your Fall Plant Sale imply that they are availble to be transplanted or only as seed? Thanks

What are those bushes with purple flowers around the Wildflower Center?
March 09, 2009 - Hello! We were just at the Wildflower Center earlier this week (March 1 or so, 2009), and there were several large bushes with purple flowers on them. The very helpful docent told me what they wer...

How to search the Wildflower Center website
March 28, 2007 - How the heck do I find a list of local native low-growing plants that are shade tolerant on this web site? The search functions don't seem to be specific enough. I searched specifying Texas, subshr...

Why use native plants
March 14, 2004 - Why use native plants?

Name five non-flowering species at the Wildflower Center.
April 30, 2010 - Can you tell me the names of five non-flowering plant species (true mosses, conifers, ferns) currently growing at your center?