Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

How to search the Wildflower Center website
March 28, 2007 - How the heck do I find a list of local native low-growing plants that are shade tolerant on this web site? The search functions don't seem to be specific enough. I searched specifying Texas, subshr...

Ball moss (Tallandsia recurvata), epiphyte on oaks at Wildflower Center
April 06, 2006 - I visited your center a couple weeks ago, was very impressed with the educational aspects. I noticed the epiphyte commonly growing in the oak trees, and also on the elm oak. Do you have the name of t...

Purchase of herbs from Wildflower Center
October 18, 2008 - Can I purchase herbs from the Wildflower Center?

Source for Crushed Limestone Used at the Wildflower Center
July 01, 2011 - Dear Mr. Smarty plants, Do you know where I can find the pulverized limestone that you have at the entrance around the front of the building? It's right around where you have Clematis texensi...

Design and installation of trails at Wildflower Center
July 24, 2005 - I am a Park Commissioner in a city near Austin and am researching a firm to help design a trail system in our park. Would you please tell me who designed and installed the trails at the Wildflower Ce...