Mr. Smarty Plants - Native plants for my location

Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

Why is Hamelia patens, a species listed as invasive, in the Wildflower Center database?
September 29, 2010 - Hamelia patens (Firebush) is listed as an invasive plant at Invasive.Org, the Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health, which partners with the US Forest Service, Univ of GA and others. LBJ ...

Why use native plants
March 14, 2004 - Why use native plants?

Get started in native plant landscaping
March 15, 2004 - How do I get started in native plant landscaping?

Living lightly on the land
November 21, 2008 - Are most of the materials used in the Center recyclable materials? For instance, the wood floors and HVAC systems? Thanks, Joel Rodriguez

Official definition of native plants
March 06, 2008 - Does the Wildflower center have an official definition of "native" plants?