Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

Name of speaker at Wildflower Center on maintenance of oaks trees in Austin
July 28, 2010 - Sometime in the recent past my wife heard a speaker at the Wildflower Center talking about the pruning and maintenance of oak trees in Austin. We are now in need of tree maintenance services and are ...

Native plants for pots for wedding in November
October 03, 2006 - Will any of the plants that are in your big plant sale be flowering in November? I am looking for plants that would do well in pots because I'd like to use them as center pieces at a wedding (in Aus...

Name five non-flowering species at the Wildflower Center.
April 30, 2010 - Can you tell me the names of five non-flowering plant species (true mosses, conifers, ferns) currently growing at your center?

What are those bushes with purple flowers around the Wildflower Center?
March 09, 2009 - Hello! We were just at the Wildflower Center earlier this week (March 1 or so, 2009), and there were several large bushes with purple flowers on them. The very helpful docent told me what they wer...

Update on Wildflower Center's Turffalo plot
February 11, 2010 - Hi, I was wondering if you can provide an update about the Turffalo grass installed at the Wildflower Center? The last update was June 26, 2009. We are investigating options for a lawn in South Aus...