Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

Wildflowers to see at Wildflower Center in September
September 12, 2006 - My wife and I will be coming to Austin for the Quilt Show September 29, 2006. Will the wild flowers and gardens still be active? We would very much like to visit if there would still be plenty to se...

Stick with tried and true plants for a green roof in New York
May 12, 2013 - If I use Virginia creepers in a ground covered application for a green roof, how much soil should I provide depth wise?

Name of speaker at Wildflower Center on maintenance of oaks trees in Austin
July 28, 2010 - Sometime in the recent past my wife heard a speaker at the Wildflower Center talking about the pruning and maintenance of oak trees in Austin. We are now in need of tree maintenance services and are ...

Native plants for pots for wedding in November
October 03, 2006 - Will any of the plants that are in your big plant sale be flowering in November? I am looking for plants that would do well in pots because I'd like to use them as center pieces at a wedding (in Aus...

Wildflower blooming in Austin in mid-March from Laceys Spring AL
February 27, 2013 - Hi I will be at and around the center the weekend of March 9 & 10 to exhibit in the Art and Artisan's Festival and plan to stay a few extra days to "wildflower" either before or after. What is you...