Mr. Smarty Plants - Native plants for my location

Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

Hungry turtles trample pond in Houston Texas
October 17, 2011 - I have a very large back yard pond (actually, a former swimming pool) that's home to a bullfrog, four Red-eared slider turtles, and scads of gambusia (little mosquito eating fish). I'd like to add n...

Official definition of native plants
March 06, 2008 - Does the Wildflower center have an official definition of "native" plants?

Why is Hamelia patens, a species listed as invasive, in the Wildflower Center database?
September 29, 2010 - Hamelia patens (Firebush) is listed as an invasive plant at Invasive.Org, the Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health, which partners with the US Forest Service, Univ of GA and others. LBJ ...

The flower on the Plant Price page of Wildflower Center website
June 04, 2009 - What is the name of the flower that is on the Plant Price page of the Center's web site? I saw it for the first time this spring near Weatherford. It's red/orange & white and resembles a snapdrago...

Possible identification of plant purchased at Wildflower Center
June 17, 2006 - Hi - I'm looking for the name of a plant I bought at the Wildflower Center. It's currently in a gallon container and about 8 inches high. The leaves are green (on the yellow end of the spectrum), ...