Saturday - March 20, 2004

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Native plants for my location
Answered by: Sage Kawecki

QUESTION:

Which native plants would you recommend for my location?

ANSWER:

The Wildflower Center maintains a database of native plant species that are perfect for your locale. Visit the Native Plants Database.

More Wildflower Center Questions

Name five non-flowering species at the Wildflower Center.
April 30, 2010 - Can you tell me the names of five non-flowering plant species (true mosses, conifers, ferns) currently growing at your center?

Will Copper Canyon Daisy be at the Plant Sale from Georgetown TX
March 21, 2011 - Can you find out if Copper Canyon Daisy will be sold at the plant sale? I'm having trouble finding it in any of your databases. The scientific name is Asteraceae Tagetes lemmonii. It's a shrubby ...

Source for Signs at the Wildflower Center
January 24, 2011 - Hello. Where can we buy the black, metallic plant identification tags used at the Wildflower Center? Thanks in advance.

Possible identification of plant purchased at Wildflower Center
June 17, 2006 - Hi - I'm looking for the name of a plant I bought at the Wildflower Center. It's currently in a gallon container and about 8 inches high. The leaves are green (on the yellow end of the spectrum), ...

Hungry turtles trample pond in Houston Texas
October 17, 2011 - I have a very large back yard pond (actually, a former swimming pool) that's home to a bullfrog, four Red-eared slider turtles, and scads of gambusia (little mosquito eating fish). I'd like to add n...