En EspaÑol

Monday - January 24, 2011

Topic: Wildflower Center
Title: Source for Signs at the Wildflower Center
Answered by: Mike Tomme

QUESTION:

Hello. Where can we buy the black, metallic plant identification tags used at the Wildflower Center? Thanks in advance.

ANSWER:

These signs are made on-site at the Wildflower Center and are not available for sale.

The volunteers at the Wildflower Center use a special computer program to layout the design of the sign. This same program then drives a flat table engraver which actually carves the letters into the sign blank. The blank has a black outer coat and a silver colored middle section so the result of the engraving is a black background with silver lettering.

Thank you for your interest.