En EspaÑol

Monday - September 01, 2008

From: Atlanta, GA
Region: Select Region
Title: Help with plant identification.
Answered by: Damon Waitt

We need help identifying a perennial in our backyard, which we assume is a native/wildflower, but might not be. It has yellow flowers with 5/6 petals (delicatea, starlike/about 1-1.5 inches across) and darker yellow/gold centers. Where we live in Atlanta, it blooms in August/September. The plant's form is many straight stalks, some now 6 feet tall, with branches off these stalks that hold the flowers. Any help appreciated. Looked through the GA native species on your sight. Didn't see anything. Thanks much. Craig Cleland

Dear Craig,

Please follow the instructions below to get help with a plant ID?

1. Tell us where and when you found the plant and describe the site where it occurred.

2. Take several high resolution images including details of leaves, stems, flowers, fruit, and the overall plant.

3. Save images in JPEG format.

4. Send email with images attached to id@smartyplants.org. Please enter Plant ID Request on the subject line of your email.