Thursday - August 28, 2008

From: State College, PA
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

Hello. There is a plant growing next to my 4 o'clocks that I didn't plant which is almost the same height as them, but has different leaves and it grows wider. It has these huge light green upside down tear drop shaped pods, but appears to be nothing inside of them. Also there are little yellow flowers with black in teh middle hanging upside down from it. What could this be?????

ANSWER:

Your mystery plant sounds intriguing and Mr. Smarty Plants loves to identify plants, but I think he's going to need a photo or two to identify it.  Please visit Mr. Smarty Plants' Plant Identification page to read instructions for submitting photos for identification.