Monday - August 22, 2011

From: Williamsville, VT
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I have a rather large berry growing on a tree-like bush in my back yard here in Williamsville Vermont, I've never seen anything like it! I have a picture.

ANSWER:

Mr. Smarty Plants is sorry, but we no longer accept photos for identification.  As you can read on our Plant Identification page: 

"We would love to spend all day identifying native plants for you folks! However, we already spend all day (and most of the night) answering your native plant questions. Luckily, there are some excellent forums available to help you identify those mysterious unknowns."

Please send your photo to one of the plant identification forums.  I hope that they can identify the berry and the tree it is on for you.