Monday - July 07, 2008

From: Sayre, PA
Title: Plant identification

QUESTION:

I live in NE PA and have two plants that are growing under our pine tree. One has 2 leaves and and looks a lot like lily of the valley and the other has 6-10 leaves with white berries on the end. I was wondering what the names of these plants are and if they are poisones or not to dogs.

ANSWER:

The best way for us to identify your plants and tell whether not they are poisonous is for you to send us photos of them.  Please visit Ask Mr. Smarty Plants to read the instructions (under "Plant Identification") for submitting photos.  Be sure that you take photos of the entire plant to show its shape, a closeup of the leaves and their arrangement on the stem, and a closeup of any flowers and/or fruits that are on the plant.