En Espa—ol

Saturday - October 27, 2007

From: Georgetown, TX
Title: Eupatorium serotinum (late boneset) for garden setting, care and propagation

QUESTION:

What are the prospects for Eupatorium serotinum in a garden setting? What requirements does the plant have? How large does it grow, etc.

ANSWER:

Eupatorium serotinum (lateflowering boneset) should do quite well in a garden setting in Williamson County where it is native. The plants grow to 1-3 feet and grow best in part shade with moderately moist sandy loam or clay loam. You can read the propagation protocol from USDA National Plant materials Center. This is very thorough and goes through the entire process from the collection of the seeds, their germination and then the planting of the small plants, all done in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Eupatorium serotinum

Eupatorium serotinum