Thursday - December 18, 2003

From: Vancover, BC
Region: Canada
Topic: Seed and Plant Sources, Propagation
Title: Propagation of skunk cabbage
Answered by: Stephen Brueggerhoff

Where can I purchase root stock for a start of skunk cabbage to plant? in my wetland?

My volunteer and I searched high and low for sources of Symplocarpus foetidus (commonly referred to as skunk cabbage), and we came up with a few sites for skunk cabbage plants. Disclaimer: this is not an endorsement of the products or services offered by these companies, rather this is information to further facilitate your research.

1. Sunshine Farm & Gardens, Renick, WV, telephone: (304) 497-2208
2. The Plant Place
3. A pdf list of available plants from Royal Botanical Gardens in Ontario
4. Lazy S's Farm Nursery in Virginia.

Skunk cabbage
Symplocarpus foetidus

Skunk cabbage
Symplocarpus foetidus

Skunk cabbage
Symplocarpus foetidus