Mr. Smarty Plants - Search for Texas barberry (Mahonia swaseyi) for sale

Sunday - September 30, 2007

From: Kerrville, TX
Title: Search for Texas barberry (Mahonia swaseyi) for sale

QUESTION:

Do you know where I can purchase a Texas Barberry (Berberis swaseyi, Texas Mahonia) plant? I live in the Texas hill country. Thanks

ANSWER:

You can search our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries and seed companies specializing in native plants in your area for Mahonia swaseyi (Texas barberry), (synonym=Berberis swaseyi). Mr. Smarty Plants did a quick search in nurseries with web pages and found Weston Gardens in Fort Worth and Wichita Valley Nursery in Wichita Falls that listed it for sale. There are many more nurseries that do not list websites but do have telephone numbers listed that you might try. 

Mahonia swaseyi