Mr. Smarty Plants - Source for plants or seeds of Pedicularis densiflora

Thursday - December 14, 2006

From: Cincinnati, OH
Title: Source for plants or seeds of Pedicularis densiflora

QUESTION:

Do you know where I might obtain Pedicularis densiflora live plants or viable seeds. I understand that this plant is native to Oregon and California and is semi-parasitic and needs a host plant to draw nutrients from. I've seen places offering the dry herb but no one with seeds or a live plant.

ANSWER:

The distribution range for Indian Warrior (Pedicularis densiflora) is California and Oregon. You can search in our National Suppliers Directory for nurseries and seed companies that specialize in native plants in California, Oregon and the Northwest. You can also search for native plant and seed suppliers in the PlantNative database. There are many duplications between the two databases, but there are unique entries in both. If you don't find seeds or plants at any of the native plant suppliers, you might try contacting companies that sell the dry herb for possible sources of seeds or live plants.