Tuesday - April 17, 2007

From: Midlothian, TX
Title: Locales for photographing wildflowers in Dallas, TX area

My daughter has a project for school where she has to find and take her picture with 20 different Texas wildflowers and identify them. We have found some of the more common ones, but I was wondering if you knew of any place in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that would be good for us to go to... a xeriscape nursery would be ideal because she could hold the plant and the labels will be on them, but I will take any ideas you have. Thanks so much- 7th grade mom

An excellent place to find native wildflowers is one of the Texas State Parks near Dallas/Fort Worth. Your daughter should easily be able to find 20 native wildflowers blooming there and identify them with the help of a wildflower guide such as Loughmiller's Texas Wildflowers or Geyata Ajilvsgi's Wildflowers of Texas.

Another possibility is to visit the Fort Worth Botanic Garden where you should find Texas wildflowers in bloom.

You can also go to our National Suppliers Directory to find nurseries in your area that specialize in native plants. For example, there is Rohde's Nursery in Garland, Stuart Nursery, Inc. in Weatherford and Weston Gardens in Fort Worth.